Cook Hall was built in 1898 to serve the dual purposes of the gymnasium (as the building was referred to at the time) and the library. The library was a single room (49′×90′) located on the second floor above the gym.
Bonnell, Angela L., "Slide deck 04: Cook Hall (4 panels)" (2018). Serving Students: The Legacy of Milner’s Library. 2.